Legal & ethical guidelines for designs
Tykables.com has specific rules regarding the types of graphics and subject matter permitted on items produced and sold through our service when you make your own t-shirt. These rules are divided into two categories: ethical guidelines and legal guidelines.
You must possess the full rights to use a design (picture, logo, text) in the Tykables Designer.
Please double check the legal status or ask the owner for permission if you are not sure before using a design.
- We can not print: Unofficial merchandise.
- We can not print: Names, logos, pictures or other intellectual property of musical groups or musical artists.
- We can not print: Names, logos, pictures, or other intellectual property of sports teams, colleges/universities, clubs or organizations such as Boston Red Sox, Girl Scouts of America, or Princeton University.
- We can not print: Characters, images, actors or likenesses from cartoon network's, comic books, video games, movies, and television shows.
- We can not print: Trademarks, names or logos for companies. For example, you can not use the name Coca-Cola, Coke “It’s the Real Thing” or the design of the cans.
- We can not print: photos, caricatures, or other artwork depicting a celebrity. Just because you take a picture of a celebrity, it does not give you the right to use the photo on shirts, even if you alter the photo digitally. As expressed in the first four examples below, personal rights are still owned even if the person is no longer living.
- We can not print: nudity. We can not print any body parts that would normally be covered by underclothing. We can not print very graphic artistic renditions of persons having sex or their sexual body parts. There will also be times when we can not print a picture of some nudity just because it is in appalling taste.
- We can not print: child nudity.
- We can not print: hate material. Hate material is anything that speaks to hate of any people, creed or race.
- We can not print: Violence-glorifying content.
- We can not print: Designs that are in fact legal, however in our opinion is intended to slander, offend, disrespect or ridicule others or invoke violence directly or indirectly because of gender, religious or political affiliation or any such similar characteristics.
Discovery of Illegal Designs
Designs and text that are suspected to violate the law, including, but not limited to, defamation or copyright violations, will not printed. If your design or text is rejected after your order has been placed, we will contact you about your order.
If you suspect a design or text of being illegal, please report it to email@example.com. Your personal information will be protected according to our privacy statement.